Market Research Analysts
On the Job
Market Research Analysts learn about the market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine how well a product or service will sell. They may gather information about competitors, prices, sales, and ways to market a product.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Conduct surveys in organizations.
- Gather organizational performance information.
- Analyze consumer trends.
- Analyze industry trends.
- Analyze market conditions or trends.
- Develop business or market strategies.
- Establish business management methods.
- Discuss business strategies, practices, or policies with managers.
- Prepare research reports.
- Measure effectiveness of business strategies or practices.
Typical Working Conditions
- Using e-mail.
- Freedom to make decisions without supervision.
- The importance of being accurate or exact.
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
- Working with a group or team.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.