On the Job
Statistical Assistants compile and compute data for use in statistical studies. They may create charts and graphs.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Code data or other information.
- Enter information into databases or software programs.
- Interview employees, customers, or others to collect information.
- Analyze operational or research data.
- Check data for recording errors.
- Compile data or documentation.
- Prepare research or technical reports.
- File documents or records.
- Send information, materials or documentation.
- Develop data analysis or data management procedures.
Typical Working Conditions
This is a new or emerging career specialty. No working condition data is available yet.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.