Government and Public Administration
Are you interested in politics? Are rules and laws important to you?
Government and public administration workers help pass and enforce the law. You could work in national, state, or local government. You will find almost every type of occupation within the government, including some jobs that are only found within government.
For example, you might inspect new or remodeled buildings for safety, help people file the paperwork for a marriage license, or create proposals for urban development.
There are many hobbies and activities you could explore to learn more about government and public administration. Try one or more of these activities:
- Business Professionals of America (BPA)
- Student Council
- Participate in mock trial events.
- Work as a page at the legislature.
- Attend city council or other local government meetings.
- Visit a local courthouse or public safety building.
- Job shadow a state legislative representative.
- Run for student government or an organization's board.
Source: Minnesota Department of Education and MnCareers