Resources for Setting Up Work-Based Learning
Creating a work-based learning program can seem overwhelming. There are guidelines, forms, and legal issues to consider. The guides, manuals, and toolkits here can help you.
Learn what you need to do when setting up your program in Minnesota.
- Experiential Education: Internships & Work-Based Learning Guide (pdf), Minnesota State
- Connecting Youth to Work-based Learning Manual (pdf), Minnesota Department of Education
- Handbook for Implementing a Comprehensive Work-based Learning Program According to the Fair Labor Standards Act, University of Minnesota
Resources from Other States
Although some of the information in the resources below will be specific to the state that created them, they may offer helpful insights on how to start and manage your program.
- California: Work-based Learning Toolkit (pdf)
- California: Quick Work-based Learning Guide for Employers (pdf)
- California: Quick Work-based Learning Guide for Associations (pdf)
- California: Quick Work-based Learning Guide for Labor Organizations (pdf)
- Kansas: Work-based Learning Toolkit
- Massachusetts: Work-based Learning Plan Resources and Examples
- Utah: Work-based Learning Manual
- Vermont: Setting Up Work-based Learning Sites (pdf)