Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
On the Job
Public Relations and Fundraising Managers work to create a positive public image of their organization, business, or cause. They also manage the process of raising money.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Establish interpersonal business relationships to facilitate work activities.
- Present information to the public.
- Confer with organizational members to accomplish work activities.
- Coordinate with external parties to exchange information.
- Liaise between departments or other groups to improve function or communication.
- Develop contingency plans to deal with organizational emergencies.
- Develop marketing plans or strategies.
- Develop organizational goals or objectives.
- Develop promotional materials.
- Develop operating strategies, plans, or procedures.
Typical Working Conditions
- Using e-mail.
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Working with a group or team.
- The freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
- Frequent decision-making.
- Responsibility for outcomes and results.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.