On the Job
Fundraisers organize activities to raise money or get donations or gifts for an organization. They may create promotional materials, or work to raise awareness of their organization.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Develop business relationships.
- Create marketing materials.
- Develop business or market strategies.
- Develop financial or business plans.
- Coordinate logistics or other business operations.
- Coordinate personnel recruitment activities.
- Organize special events.
- Oversee business processes.
- Supervise employees.
- Maintain data in information systems or databases.
Typical Working Conditions
- Having telephone conversations.
- Using e-mail.
- Dealing with external customers.
- Freedom to make decisions without supervision.
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- The freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.