Accountants and Auditors
On the Job
Accountants and Auditors analyze and interpret accounting records to prepare financial statements or give advice to clients or businesses.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Examine financial records or processes.
- Examine financial records.
- Collect evidence for legal proceedings.
- Investigate legal issues.
- Discuss business strategies, practices, or policies with managers.
- Report information to managers or other personnel.
- Prepare financial documents, reports, or budgets.
- Calculate data to inform organizational operations.
- Verify accuracy of financial information.
- Verify accuracy of records.
Typical Working Conditions
- Using e-mail.
- The importance of being accurate or exact.
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
- Freedom to make decisions without supervision.
- Dealing with external customers.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.