Document Management Specialists
On the Job
Document Management Specialists design systems for entire organizations to manage electronic documents. This allows organizations to more efficiently store, retrieve, and share documents.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Implement security measures for computer or information systems.
- Prepare data for analysis.
- Collect data about customer needs.
- Retrieve information from electronic sources.
- Document operational procedures.
- Document technical specifications or requirements.
- Prepare instruction manuals.
- Update knowledge about emerging industry or technology trends.
- Provide technical support for software maintenance or use.
- Recommend changes to improve computer or information systems.
Typical Working Conditions
- Using e-mail.
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Working with a group or team.
- The importance of being accurate or exact.
- Freedom to make decisions without supervision.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.