College Mathematical Science Teachers
On the Job
College Mathematical Science Teachers teach courses in topics like mathematical concepts, statistics, and actuarial science. They may also do research.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Guide class discussions.
- Teach physical science or mathematics courses at the college level.
- Select educational materials or equipment.
- Develop instructional objectives.
- Attend training sessions or professional meetings to develop or maintain professional knowledge.
- Research topics in area of expertise.
- Stay informed about current developments in field of specialization.
- Develop instructional materials.
- Maintain student records.
- Write articles, books or other original materials in area of expertise.
Typical Working Conditions
- Using e-mail.
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Freedom to make decisions without supervision.
- The importance of being accurate or exact.
- Working with a group or team.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.