College Physics Teachers
On the Job
College Physics Teachers teach courses in physics. They may do research.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Guide class discussions.
- Teach physical science or mathematics courses at the college level.
- Attend training sessions or professional meetings to develop or maintain professional knowledge.
- Research topics in area of expertise.
- Stay informed about current developments in field of specialization.
- Select educational materials or equipment.
- Develop instructional objectives.
- Compile specialized bibliographies or lists of materials.
- Plan community programs or activities for the general public.
- Develop instructional materials.
Typical Working Conditions
- Using e-mail.
- The freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals.
- Freedom to make decisions without supervision.
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Dealing with external customers.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.