College History Teachers
On the Job
College History Teachers teach courses in history, such as world history, American history, military history, or history of specific topics. They may also do research.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Attend training sessions or professional meetings to develop or maintain professional knowledge.
- Research topics in area of expertise.
- Stay informed about current developments in field of specialization.
- Guide class discussions.
- Teach humanities courses at the college level.
- Teach online courses.
- Develop instructional objectives.
- Create technology-based learning materials.
- Develop instructional materials.
- Maintain student records.
Typical Working Conditions
- The freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals.
- Freedom to make decisions without supervision.
- Using e-mail.
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- High levels of competition.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
- Coordinating or leading others.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.