Motion Picture Projectionists
On the Job
Motion Picture Projectionists set up and operate movie projectors and sound reproduction equipment.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Operate audio-visual equipment.
- Inspect equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Monitor operational quality or safety.
- Prepare film for distribution or use.
- Perform basic equipment maintenance.
- Prepare operational reports or records.
- Arrange facility schedules.
Typical Working Conditions
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
- The importance of being accurate or exact.
- Using your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Having face-to-face discussions.
- Making decisions that impact co-workers or company results.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.