On the Job
Shampooers wash and rinse customers' hair.
This career requires time standing, walking, or running.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Administer therapeutic massages.
- Apply cleansing or conditioning agents to client hair, scalp, or skin.
- Apply solutions to hair for therapeutic or cosmetic purposes.
- Provide medical or cosmetic advice for clients.
- Maintain client information or service records.
Typical Working Conditions
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Frequent contact with others.
- The importance of being accurate or exact.
- Working with a group or team.
- Making decisions that impact co-workers or company results.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.