On the Job
Models pose for artists, photographers, or customers. They help to advertise and sell a variety of products, like clothes, cosmetics, or appliances. They may also pose as subjects for paintings or sculptures.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Answer customer questions about goods or services.
- Prepare financial documents, reports, or budgets.
- Deliver promotional presentations to current or prospective customers.
- Demonstrate products to consumers.
- Distribute promotional literature or samples to customers.
- Model cosmetics, clothing, or accessories.
- Explain technical product or service information to customers.
Typical Working Conditions
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Frequent contact with others.
- Freedom to make decisions without supervision.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.