Parking Lot Attendants
On the Job
Parking Lot Attendants park vehicles. They may also issue tickets to customers who park in a parking lot or garage.
This career requires good eyesight and time standing, walking, or running.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Request emergency personnel.
- Review customer information.
- Drive passenger vehicles.
- Provide transportation information to passengers or customers.
- Direct vehicle traffic.
- Inspect motor vehicles.
- Assist customers to ensure comfort or safety.
- Assist passengers during vehicle boarding.
- Clean facilities or work areas.
- Monitor surroundings to detect potential hazards.
Typical Working Conditions
- Frequent contact with others.
- Dealing with external customers.
- Using your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Working in a closed vehicle or equipment.
- The importance of being accurate or exact.
- Making decisions that impact co-workers or company results.
- Dealing with unpleasant or angry people.
- Exposure to contaminants (like gases or odors).
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.