Hand Packers and Packagers
On the Job
Hand Packers and Packagers pack a wide variety of products and materials by hand.
This career requires time standing, walking, or running.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Clean facilities or work areas.
- Load materials into equipment for processing.
- Move materials, equipment, or supplies.
- Remove debris or damaged materials.
- Set up material handling gear or equipment, such as rigging, packaging, or temporary structures.
- Mark materials or objects for identification.
- Sort materials or objects for processing or transport.
- Record details of deliveries or shipments.
- Measure product or material dimensions.
- Weigh materials to ensure compliance with specifications.
Typical Working Conditions
- Having face-to-face discussions.
- Working with a group or team.
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- The importance of being accurate or exact.
- Responsibility for others' health and safety.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.