1. Skip to content

Financial Counselor or Planner Disclosure Document License

The license information below is specific to the state of Minnesota.

This license applies to the following occupations:

Personal Financial Advisors


If a Financial Planner provides specific investment recommendations for pay they may be required to be registered by the Department of Commerce as an Investment Advisers Financial Planners may also be licensed as Broker Dealer and or Insurance Producers

Online Application.

Licensing Authority

Minnesota Department of Commerce
Licensing Unit
85 7th Place East, Suite 600
St. Paul, MN 55101

Phone: (651) 296-6319
Email: licensing@state.mn.us

Data is collected by the Department of Employment and Economic Development.