1. Skip to content

Engineer-In-Training License

The license information below is specific to the state of Minnesota.

This license applies to the following occupations:

Aerospace Engineers
Agricultural Engineers
Biomedical Engineers
Chemical Engineers
Civil Engineers
Computer Hardware Engineers
Electrical Engineers
Electronics Engineers
Engineers, All Other
Environmental Engineers
Health and Safety Engineers
Industrial Engineers
Marine Engineers and Naval Architects
Materials Engineers
Mechanical Engineers
Mining and Geological Engineers
Nuclear Engineers
Petroleum Engineers


After graduating from an approved educational program Engineers must get an in training license to work in the field This requires an examination

Online Application.

Licensing Authority

Minnesota Board of AELSLAGID
Geoscience and Interior Design (AELSLAGID), Minnesota Board of
85 7th Place East, Suite 160
St. Paul, MN 55101

Phone: (651) 296-2388
Fax: (651) 297-5310

Data is collected by the Department of Employment and Economic Development.