1. Skip to content

Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) License

The license information below is specific to the state of Minnesota.

This license applies to the following occupations:

Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors


To serve as a counselor a candidate must meet a combination of experience and education requirements

Online Application.

Licensing Authority

Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy (BBHT)
2829 University Ave SE, Suite 210
Minneapolis, MN 55414

Phone: (651) 201-2758
Fax: (612) 617-2187

Data is collected by the Department of Employment and Economic Development.