1. Skip to content

Commercial Mechanical Control Permit License

The license information below is specific to the state of Minnesota.

This license applies to the following occupations:

Farmers and Ranchers


A commercial mechanical control permit is required to mechanically remove aquatic plants from public waters for hire Complete a commercial mechanical control workshop and exam

Online Application.

Licensing Authority

Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155

Phone: (651) 296-6157

Data is collected by the Department of Employment and Economic Development.