1. Skip to content

Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC) -Temporary Permits License

The license information below is specific to the state of Minnesota.

This license applies to the following occupations:

Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors


Associates degree or the equivalent 270 clock hours of alcohol and drug counseling course work 880 hours alcohol and drug counseling practicum All of the educational requirements for the temporary permit must be completed through an accredited school

Online Application.

Licensing Authority

Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy (BBHT)
2829 University Ave SE, Suite 210
Minneapolis, MN 55414

Phone: (651) 201-2758
Fax: (612) 617-2187

Data is collected by the Department of Employment and Economic Development.