General family and consumer sciences/human sciences programs teach students how people develop and function in family, work, and community settings.
Specific programs included in this major:
- Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences, General
Typical Degrees Offered
Minnesota schools offer several different award levels for this major. The number of 2016-2017 graduates in the chart below were awarded the following degrees:
*This award level also includes post-bachelor's certificates.
**This award level also includes post-master's certificates.
Careers You Qualify For With This Major
Schools That Offer This Major
|Minnesota State University, Mankato||Mankato|
- Apparel and Textiles
- Family and Consumer Economics and Related Studies
- Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences Business Services
- Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences, Other
- Foods, Nutrition, and Related Services
- Housing and Human Environments
- Human Development, Family Studies, and Related Services
- Work and Family Studies
In Minnesota, your school may have developed a Program of Study in this career area. A Program of Study is an academic and career plan developed by your high school to help move you towards a career and college path. A Program of Study can help you:
- Select high school classes that prepare you for college and getting a job
- Understand how the classes you're taking in high school lead to a career
- Identify extra-curricular activities that are related to your career interest
- See what classes at your school offer early college credit that will save you time and money towards your college expenses
- Graduate from high school prepared for your next step toward the career you choose