Physical sciences programs study the major topics, concepts, processes, and interrelationships of the physical sciences, including chemistry, physics, and astronomy.
Specific programs included in this major:
- Physical Sciences
Careers You Qualify For With This Major
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology
- Geological and Earth Sciences/Geosciences
- Materials Science
- Physical Sciences, Other
In Minnesota, your school may have developed a Program of Study in this career area. A Program of Study is an academic and career plan developed by your high school to help move you towards a career and college path. A Program of Study can help you:
- Select high school classes that prepare you for college and getting a job
- Understand how the classes you're taking in high school lead to a career
- Identify extra-curricular activities that are related to your career interest
- See what classes at your school offer early college credit that will save you time and money towards your college expenses
- Graduate from high school prepared for your next step toward the career you choose
Learn more about Programs of Study at your high school.