Biology technician/biotechnology laboratory technician programs prepare students to apply scientific principles and technical skills to support biologists and biotechnologists in research, industrial, and government settings.
Specific programs included in this major:
- Biology Technician/Biotechnology Laboratory Technician
Typical Degrees Offered
Minnesota schools offer several different award levels for this major. The number of 2017-2018 graduates in the chart below were awarded the following degrees:
*This award level also includes post-bachelor's certificates.
**This award level also includes post-master's certificates.
Careers You Qualify For With This Major
Schools That Offer This Major
|Century College||White Bear Lake|
|Minnesota West Community and Technical College - Worthington||Worthington|
|Riverland Community College - Albert Lea||Albert Lea|
|Riverland Community College - Austin||Austin|
- Nuclear and Industrial Radiologic Technologies/Technicians
- Physical Science Technologies/Technicians
- Science Technologies/Technicians, General
- Science Technologies/Technicians, Other
In Minnesota, your school may have developed a Program of Study in this career area. A Program of Study is an academic and career plan developed by your high school to help move you towards a career and college path. A Program of Study can help you:
- Select high school classes that prepare you for college and getting a job
- Understand how the classes you're taking in high school lead to a career
- Identify extra-curricular activities that are related to your career interest
- See what classes at your school offer early college credit that will save you time and money towards your college expenses
- Graduate from high school prepared for your next step toward the career you choose