Strategies for Implementing Career Clusters
Want to implement career clusters into your curriculum and counseling plans? Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Refer students and job seekers to the Career Clusters page for career exploration. Encourage them to explore careers within pathways. This will help them understand how the things they learn today impact their success in college and careers.
- Start with an interest assessment. The Career Clusters Interest Survey (714KB, .pdf) is easy-to-use and matches interests to career clusters.
- Invite business leaders from each cluster into your classroom. Or arrange on-site visits. Give students a chance to learn about the types of jobs within a cluster. They will also hear directly from those who hire about the importance of preparation.
- Have students create posters or videos about a career cluster. Display their efforts in physical or online spaces where other students will see the information.
- Take advantage of Minnesota career and education exploration products. Read how MnCareers and MCIS use career clusters in their products.