Find a Job in Manufacturing
You can make your job search more effective by researching the job market.
Know what employers pay.
- Use the Salary Search to find wages for manufacturing occupations. Select the occupation category Production and enter a ZIP code or region to preview salaries for manufacturing occupations.
- You can also find wages for recent graduates on the Graduate Employment Outcomes (GEO) tool.
Job Vacancy Survey (JVS)
Twice a year the Department of Employment (DEED) conducts a survey to find job vacancies for occupations. You can see the number of vacancies, the percent of jobs that are part-time, education and experience requirements and the median wage being offered.
To find Job Vacancy data for manufacturing careers select Production Occupations. You can “Change Area” to find regional information. Find Job Vacancy data.
Use the Business Finder to find local businesses that may be hiring.
Use these job websites to search and apply for manufacturing jobs.
- Central Minnesota Manufacturing Association (CMMA)
- Arrowhead Manufacturers and Fabricators Association (AMFA)
- Association of Operations Management (APICS)
- Manufacturers Alliance
- Midwest Manufacturers Association (MMA)
- Minnesota Precision Manufacturing Association (MPMA)
An extensive list of business and professional associations across the nation is also available.