Technical Management - AAS
The following occupation may be of interest to someone who has completed this program. Before deciding on a specific occupation make sure you research it in depth, including the work experience and training an employer typically requires.
Recent Wages for Graduates
1 Year After Award: $18.23 (Median Hourly)
Wages were calculated by following the earnings of graduates from Dakota County Technical College through their social
security number and Minnesota unemployment insurance wage records. Wage data includes all available data for program
completers from Academic Year 2013-2014 regardless of which occupation they entered and is
based on earnings one year after graduation for graduates of programs with the same classification and at the same award level.
Associate's, Bachelor's and Graduate degrees/certificates are reported separately. Data for diplomas and certificates is combined.
about how this wage data is calculated.
Note of Caution: Wages may be affected by regional labor market conditions, economic cycles, individual characteristics of each graduate, and other factors beyond the purview of each school and its training programs. As a result, experiences may differ from those of past graduates.
Administrative Service Managers plan or direct one or more services for companies, such as record-keeping, facilities planning, or office support work.
Education and Training
Bachelor's degree is most common.
Education Level Attained (National Data)
If you're considering enrolling at a two-year college with the intention to transfer to a four-year university, it is important to know which degree path is right for you, and to talk with an advisor about how to make your path as smooth as possible. Associate degree programs vary in transferability. more
If you plan to transfer to obtain a four-year bachelor's degree, it is important to know which degree path is right for you:
- Associate of Arts (AA) degrees offered at community colleges are designed to transfer into liberal arts four-year majors.
- Associate of Science (AS) and Associate of Fine Arts (AFA) degrees offered at community and technical colleges transfer into specific four-year majors and will likely require completing additional general education courses at a university.
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees offered at technical and community colleges are not designed to transfer. They lead to immediate entry into the workplace.
- Diplomas and certificates offered at technical colleges are not designed to transfer. They lead to immediate entry into the workplace.
Talk to a transfer specialist as early as possible to determine the best associate degree for your goals. Be sure to review your Degree Audit Report (DARS) each semester to best prepare for transfer. Get more help understanding transfer using the tools below.
Nationally, this career typically requires:
- Bachelor's degree for entry.
- Less than 5 years related work experience for entry.
- Little or no on-the-job training to become competent.
Typical Wages for Administrative Service Managers
Wages listed above are for a variety of experience and education levels. Make sure that you research the typical entry-level education and work experience and training requirements for this occupation. You can also research recent wages for graduates.See regional wage information.
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
* "Low" indicates 25% of workers earn less and 75% earn more.
"Median" indicates 50% of workers earn less and 50% earn more.
"High" indicates 75% of workers earn less and 25% earn more.
Search MinnesotaWorks.net to find jobs in Minnesota. Internship, apprenticeship, and volunteer opportunities are also posted here. Visit often as new jobs are posted daily.
In Minnesota, there are 6930 workers employed in this medium-sized career.
Where do Administrative Service Managers most often work?
- Management of Companies and Enterprises
- Insurance Carriers and Related Activities
- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- Educational Services
Projected Total Openings
1910 new Administrative Service Managers between 2014-2024
There will be a need for about 1910 new Administrative Service Managers to meet market demand between 2014-2024. This includes the demand due to replacement (workers leaving the occupation or retiring) as well as growth. This is high growth compared to other careers.
This career is currently in moderate demand.
Current demand, represented by one to five stars indicating low to high demand, is calculated with data from the Minnesota Job Vacancy Survey, Occupational Employment Statistics, and Unemployment Insurance Statistics. One star, although low, still represents some demand. An occupation with no evidence of demand will display "N/A" or not applicable.
See regional outlook information.
|Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN||5682||6052||370||6.5%|