Private Detectives and Investigators
Wages & Outlook
Wages listed below are for a variety of experience and education levels. Make sure that you research the typical entry-level education and work experience and training requirements for this occupation.
Wages for Private Detectives and Investigators *
* "Low" indicates 25% of workers earn less and 75% earn more.
"Median" indicates 50% of workers earn less and 50% earn more.
"High" indicates 75% of workers earn less and 25% earn more.
In Minnesota, there are 490 workers employed in this very small career.
Where do Private Detectives and Investigators most often work?
- Administrative and Support Services
- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
- General Merchandise Stores
- Insurance Carriers and Related Activities
- Management of Companies and Enterprises
This career is currently in moderate demand.
This career is seeing high growth compared to other careers.
There will be a need for about 250 new Private Detectives and Investigators to meet market demand between 2016-2026. This includes the demand due to replacement (workers leaving the occupation or retiring) as well as growth.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.