An apprenticeship is a good way to start a rewarding career in a skilled craft or trade.
You can earn a salary while gaining marketable skills. An apprenticeship program:
- Is for anyone interested in learning a skilled craft or trade.
- Is a structured, formal way to gain skills on the job.
- Is always paid.
- Combines on-the-job training with classroom instruction.
In Minnesota, there are two types of state-approved apprenticeship programs:
- Registered apprenticeship for all Minnesotans age 16 or older
- Youth apprenticeship for high school juniors and seniors
Visit Apprenticeship.gov to find apprenticeships by ZIP code.