Wages & Outlook
Wages listed below are for a variety of experience and education levels. Make sure that you research the typical entry-level education and work experience and training requirements for this occupation.
This career pays well below the statewide median wage.
Wages for Retail Salespersons *
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
* "Low" indicates 25% of workers earn less and 75% earn more.
"Median" indicates 50% of workers earn less and 50% earn more.
"High" indicates 75% of workers earn less and 25% earn more.
In Minnesota, there are 66,830 workers employed in this very large career.
Where do Retail Salespersons most often work?
- General Merchandise Stores
- Clothing and Clothing Accessories Stores
- Building Material and Garden Equipment and Supplies Dealers
- Sporting Goods, Hobby, Book, and Music Stores
- Miscellaneous Store Retailers
This career is currently in very high demand.
This career is shrinking.
There will be a need for about 101,384 new Retail Salespersons to meet market demand between 2020-2030. This includes the demand due to replacement (workers leaving the occupation or retiring) as well as growth.
|Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN||45,845||44,447||-1,398||-3%|
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.