Elementary and High School Education Administrators
On the Job
Elementary and High School Education Administrators coordinate all the academic and administrative activities of schools. This includes public or private elementary schools or high schools.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Establish interpersonal business relationships to facilitate work activities.
- Conduct opinion surveys or needs assessments.
- Approve expenditures.
- Coordinate operational activities with external stakeholders.
- Analyze data to inform operational decisions or activities.
- Analyze forecasting data to improve business decisions.
- Support the professional development of others.
- Evaluate program effectiveness.
- Evaluate student work.
- Coordinate special events or programs.
Typical Working Conditions
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- Having telephone conversations.
- Responsibility for outcomes and results.
- Freedom to make decisions without supervision.
- Coordinating or leading others.
- The freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals.
- Being in situations in which conflicts arise.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.