Fitness and Wellness Coordinators
On the Job
Fitness and Wellness Coordinators manage fitness programs for companies. They canvass employees to see what sort of fitness programs are desired. They may manage or train fitness instructors, make sure fitness equipment is maintained, or plan fitness clas
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Conduct employee training programs.
- Conduct opinion surveys or needs assessments.
- Teach classes in area of specialization.
- Train employees on environmental awareness, conservation, or safety topics.
- Schedule activities or facility use.
- Implement organizational process or policy changes.
- Coordinate special events or programs.
- Manage guest services.
- Manage outreach activities.
- Prepare operational budgets.
Typical Working Conditions
- Using e-mail.
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- The freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals.
- Freedom to make decisions without supervision.
- Working with a group or team.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.