Search Marketing Strategists
On the Job
Search Marketing Strategists use certain techniques to help people find websites more easily. They may also set up tools to find out how customers are using web sites, and whether the sites are meeting customers' needs.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Write computer programming code.
- Analyze market or customer related data.
- Analyze website or related online data to track trends or usage.
- Update knowledge about emerging industry or technology trends.
- Implement advertising or marketing initiatives.
- Develop computer or information security policies or procedures.
- Develop guidelines for system implementation.
- Design computer modeling or simulation programs.
- Design websites or web applications.
- Develop performance metrics or standards related to information technology.
Typical Working Conditions
- Using e-mail.
- Freedom to make decisions without supervision.
- The freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals.
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- High levels of competition.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
- Working with a group or team.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.