College Biological Science Teachers
On the Job
College Biological Science Teachers teach courses in biological sciences. They may also do research.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Guide class discussions.
- Teach physical science or mathematics courses at the college level.
- Tutor students who need extra assistance.
- Attend training sessions or professional meetings to develop or maintain professional knowledge.
- Research topics in area of expertise.
- Stay informed about current developments in field of specialization.
- Compile specialized bibliographies or lists of materials.
- Develop instructional objectives.
- Plan experiential learning activities.
- Select educational materials or equipment.
Typical Working Conditions
- Using e-mail.
- Freedom to make decisions without supervision.
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- The freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals.
- Working with a group or team.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
- High levels of competition.
- Responsibility for others' health and safety.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.