Parks, recreation and leisure studies programs focus on the principles of recreational and leisure activities, and the practices involved to provide indoor and outdoor recreational facilities and services for the general public.
Specific programs included in this major:
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies
Typical Degrees Offered
Minnesota schools offer several different award levels for this major. The number of 2014-2015 graduates in the chart below were awarded the following degrees:
*This award level also includes post-bachelor's certificates.
**This award level also includes post-master's certificates.
Careers You Qualify For With This Major
- College Recreation and Fitness Teachers
- General and Operations Managers
- Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
- Recreation Workers
Schools That Offer This Major
|Winona State University||Winona|
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness
- Outdoor Education
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Facilities Management
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies, Other
In Minnesota, your school may have developed a Program of Study in this career area. A Program of Study is an academic and career plan developed by your high school to help move you towards a career and college path. A Program of Study can help you:
- Select high school classes that prepare you for college and getting a job
- Understand how the classes you're taking in high school lead to a career
- Identify extra-curricular activities that are related to your career interest
- See what classes at your school offer early college credit that will save you time and money towards your college expenses
- Graduate from high school prepared for your next step toward the career you choose