Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
Do you enjoy working with animals? Are you interested in protecting the environment?
Agriculture, food, and natural resources workers produce agricultural goods. This includes food, plants, animals, fabrics, wood, and crops. You might work on a farm, ranch, dairy, orchard, greenhouse, or plant nursery. You could also work in a clinic or laboratory as a scientist or engineer.
Some agriculture, food, and natural resources workers market, sell, or finance agricultural goods. For example, you might market products made from plants and animals. Or, you might sell services that farmers and ranchers use to improve products. You could also work to conserve natural resources or protect the environment.
Watch the video below to learn about careers in agriculture, food, and natural resources.
There are many hobbies and activities you could explore to learn more about agriculture, food, and natural resources. Try one or more of these activities:
- National FFA Organization (FFA)
- Jr MANRRS (Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences)
- World Food Prize Global Youth Institute
- Start a recycling project.
- Raise flowers and vegetables to sell at a farmers' market.
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter.
- Work on a farm or ranch.
- Job shadow at a greenhouse.
Source: Minnesota Department of Education and MnCareers