College Education Teachers
On the Job
College Education Teachers teach courses pertaining to education, such as counseling, curriculum guidance, instruction, or teacher education. They may also do research.
Typical Work Tasks
People who work in this career often:
- Guide class discussions.
- Train staff members.
- Plan community programs or activities for the general public.
- Administer tests to assess educational needs or progress.
- Evaluate effectiveness of educational programs.
- Evaluate student work.
- Prepare tests.
- Collaborate with other agencies and institutions to coordinate educational matters.
- Select educational materials or equipment.
- Develop instructional objectives.
Typical Working Conditions
- Using e-mail.
- Freedom to make decisions without supervision.
- Working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- The freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals.
- Working with a group or team.
- High levels of competition.
- Meeting strict deadlines.
This page includes information from the O*NET 24.2 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA.
Source: You can learn about our data sources in the About Us section.