Would you like to get paid for taking care of others?
Health science workers promote health and wellness. They diagnose and treat injuries and disease. As a physician, dentist, or nurse, you could work directly with patients. You could also work in a laboratory to get information used in research or provide administrative support by keeping medical records.
Health science jobs are found at a variety of different sites. For example, you could work in a hospital, office, clinic, or nursing home. Or you could work on a cruise ship, at a sports arena, or within a patient's home.
There are many hobbies and activities you could explore to learn more about health science. Try one or more of these activities:
- Health Club
- Science Club
- Skills USA
- Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- Medical Explorers
- Wellness Club
- Health Occupation Students of America (HOSA)
- Attend community health fairs.
- Become involved with your community wellness center.
- Attend a health science camp.
- Volunteer at a hospital or nursing home.
- Work as a student manager on a sports team.
Source: Minnesota Department of Education and MnCareers