Would you like to get paid for taking care of others?
Health science workers promote health and wellness. They diagnose and treat injuries and disease. As a physician, dentist, or nurse, you could work directly with patients. You could also work in a laboratory to get information used in research or provide administrative support by keeping medical records.
Health science jobs are found at a variety of different sites. For example, you could work in a hospital, office, clinic, or nursing home. Or you could work on a cruise ship, at a sports arena, or within a patient's home.
Watch the video below to learn about careers in health science.
There are many hobbies and activities you could explore to learn more about health science. Try one or more of these activities:
- Health Club
- Science Club
- Skills USA
- Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- Medical Explorers
- Wellness Club
- Health Occupation Students of America (HOSA)
- Attend community health fairs.
- Become involved with your community wellness center.
- Attend a health science camp.
- Volunteer at a hospital or nursing home.
- Work as a student manager on a sports team.
Source: Minnesota Department of Education and MnCareers