Hospitality and Tourism
Would you like to get paid to help people have fun?
Hospitality and tourism workers help people enjoy vacations and entertainment activities. You might work at a restaurant, resort, sports arena, theme park, museum, or hotel.
For example, you might manage operations of a college cafeteria, guide high school students on a trip to Spain, or rent equipment at a recreation center.
Watch the video below to learn about careers in hospitality and tourism.
There are many hobbies and activities you could explore to learn more about hospitality and tourism. Try one or more of these activities:
- DECA (Marketing association)
- Junior Achievement
- Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- Business Professionals of America (BPA)
- Join a committee to plan an event.
- Join a world language club or conversation circle.
- Help local businesses cater events within the community.
- Work as a student assistant in the school lunch program.
- Plan and cook meals for family, friends, or neighborhood events.
- Take a part-time job in a restaurant, amusement center, or hotel.
- Plan a family vacation.
Source: Minnesota Department of Education and MnCareers